A new achievement has been achieved in the urological surgery department of Dhanbad. The credit for this achievement goes to Dr. Saket Narnoli (MS, MCh Urology) who has achieved the first laparoscopic success of radical nephrectomy in a 70-year-old patient diagnosed with cancer of the left kidney in Dhanbad.
Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy is a urological surgery performed for kidney cancer. During this surgery, using electronic instruments, the entire kidney of the patient is removed. This surgery is life-saving for the patient, as it potentially reduces the chances of the cancer growing and spreading. Using this technique allows for smaller surgical incisions that do not dislodge, less surgery time and less pain during patient healing.
Advantages of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy:
- Less bleeding and less infection: In this technique, the incision is very small, which leads to less bleeding and less risk of infection.
- Less pain and less discomfort: In this technique, the incisions are shorter, which usually results in less pain and less discomfort during the reactive periods.
- Quick percentage: Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy is swift and sure. This is probably one of the fastest techniques available in stock to operate in a short amount of time in a chamber or field.
- Shorter recovery time: The recovery time after laparoscopic radical nephrectomy is shorter and patients recover more quickly.
- Safer: This technique has less risk of infection and there is no major wound inside your body.
Now any urological disease, be it any urological cancer like kidney, ureter, urinary bladder, prostate, penis or testis can be treated and operated laparoscopically in Dhanbad.