Pediatric urologists of Pediatric Urology are doctors who specialize in treating children’s genital and urinary issues.
A pediatric urologist is qualified and experienced to treat your child if they have a condition affecting their genitalia or urinary tract Infections(kidneys, ureters, or bladder).
What really happens in pediatric urology?
Management of genital and urinary issues in kids of all ages falls under the purview of pediatric urology, with a focus on developmental issues that affect the kidneys, bladder, urethra, and genital tract.
Children with genetic and molecular congenital abnormalities of the genitourinary tract are the focus of clinical and basic science research in the Department of Urology under Pediatric Urology.
Pediatric urology research includes the following areas:
- Doxazosin is the main form of treatment for voiding dysfunction
- For the surgical treatment of bladder exstrophy, penile and primary bladder reconstruction
- The connection between attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), nighttime enuresis, and urine incontinence
- the investigation of transient urodynamic dysfunction in infancy, urinary tract infections (UTIs), and vesicoureteral reflux, both of which can be brought on by voiding disorder (when these two abnormalities occur together)
- Surgical and personalized chemotherapy regimens for genitourinary malignancies
How did pediatric urologists get their training in pediatric urology?
- four years or more in medical school
- a surgical residency of one to two years
- at least four more years of general urology residency training
- further fellowship training in pediatric urology for one to three years
The pediatric urologist must focus at least 75% of their practice on treating newborns, kids, and teenagers with urologic diseases issues.
Urologists who fit these requirements and have a certification of enhanced qualification in pediatric urology have been identified by the American Board of Urology.
What kinds of medical care do pediatric urologists offer under pediatric urology?
- Evaluation and treatment of surgically treatable urinary tract infections, vesicoureteral reflux, and voiding disorders
- surgical repair of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder, as well as impairments of sex development, genital anomalies, and hypospadias
- Children and teenagers with varicocele, hydrocele, or undescended testes may need surgery for these problems.
- evaluation of kidney stone disease and surgical treatment
- surgical treatment for kidney stone, bladder, and testicular tumors and cancers
- assessment and treatment of urological issues discovered before delivery
- Assessment and treatment of urinary tract issues brought on by neurological diseases, including spina bifida.
Differences between pediatric urology and pediatric gynecology
Pediatric urologists are physician-surgeons who have additional specific training in diagnosing and treating genitourinary and adrenal disorders in male and female newborns, children, and teenagers, as well as in babies and young children.
A pediatric gynecologist is a gynecologist who focuses on identifying and treating diseases in female newborns, young children, and teenagers’ external genitalia, vagina, ovaries, and uterus. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology acknowledges pediatric and adolescent gynecology as a specialized area of practice for obstetricians and gynecologists with advanced training and expertise in pediatric gynecology, despite the fact that it is not yet a recognized subspecialty.
Pediatric urology, pediatric gynecology, urology, and OB/GYN may overlap depending on the unique concerns of the patients as well as their sex and ages.
Why a pediatric urologist?
Kids are not just miniature adults. They often struggle to express what is upsetting them. They cannot always be patient and cooperative during a medical examination, and they cannot always respond to medical queries.
Pediatric urologists are prepared to concentrate their care on the unique requirements of kids and their parents, including potentially delicate and unpleasant topics like genitalia and voiding issues. They understand how to assess and handle kids in a way that encourages cooperation and relaxation. Additionally, pediatric urologists frequently employ tools made specifically for kids. This makes the setting for your child more welcoming and secure.
You may be confident that your child’s pediatric urologist will see if your pediatrician recommends it has the most comprehensive training, the most experience working with kids, and the most expertise in treating urinary tract diseases in kids.
When to see a doctor
The organs and tissues that comprise the male reproductive system, genitalia, and urinary tract in newborns and children are also treated by pediatric urologists.
Contact Dr. Saket Narnoli if you’re looking for the best medical professional to provide you with world-class care in Pediatric Urology. You can speak with Dr. Saket Narnoli if you want the best-in-class care. In Dhanbad, Jharkhand, he is a well-known urologist who treats patients with the utmost care and according to the correct procedures.